For more information contact us at:
Phone: (703) 869-7425
Sassafras K-9 Training and Boarding Facility
Copyright © 2008 All rights reserved.
Photos and articles may not be used or duplicated without written permission from Sassafras K-9.
Ricky Gallaway began his law enforcement career with the New York City Probation Department Felony Warrant Division. Upon his departure from NYC Probation Department he joined the Arlington County Sheriff’s Office in Arlington Va. After 11 months with the Sheriff’s office Ricky was promoted to Deputy Sheriff II. Besides his regular duties as a deputy sheriff, Ricky was a field-training officer where he trained new officer coming into the Sheriff’s office. In 1996, Ricky left law enforcement but maintained his passion for security and working K9s.
In 1988, Ricky began his canine career showing Rottweiler in the American Rottweiler Verein (ARV). After 12 years, showing Rottweiler Ricky purchased his first Belgian Malinois (Storm). Ricky’s love for the breed led him to a sport that provided him the opportunity to enhance and demonstrate his training. Ricky became a chartering member with the Protection Sports Association (PSA). Ricky started competing in PSA with his Belgian Malinois Rex who was always a crowd pleaser. Ricky and Rex won various awards to include numerous first place awards. Rick is currently touring the PSA circuit with his dog Rocket and they are competing at the PSA 3 level. Rocket and Ricky have won various awards to include the PSA Tagor V. Joe Farm Memorial Award-High in Trial Protection, PSA Ben V. Lowenfels Memorial Award-High in Trial Obedience, Thor Memorial Award High Owner Trained Club Award, and Robert Wademan & Senna Memorial Award – High Owner Trained Club Award. A constant learner, Ricky has attended and completed numerous training seminars on Obedience, K9 patrol and apprehension, e-Collar usage, and Protection Theory and Application. Ricky is the Owner and Training Director of Sassafras K-9, LLC. He personally oversees all phases of the training performed at Sassafras K-9. As the Training Director Rick will assure all clients, both novice and competitive clients alike, that their training will be to their satisfaction. Ricky is also a certified trial decoy with the Protection Sports Association and is currently in the final stages of his apprenticeship for PSA Trial Judge.
Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Send Your Dog to be Trained at Sassafras K-9
10. You need the 3 weeks to repair all the damage to your home!
9. A trained dog and you walking through the park - Two Words: DATE TONIGHT!
8. His bad behavior is so out of hand, you saw him on America 's Most Wanted.
7. His brother the Police Dog is always telling him to “get a job!”
6. Your accountant informed you that shoe purchases are now 50% of your household budget!
5. Your dog thinks that “come” means “run as fast as you can away from your master.”
4. When you come home from work, you entertain the idea of entering the house through a bathroom window to avoid being greeted by your dog.
3. The only trick he knows is how to knock over the trash can.
2. He was thrown out of puppy class on sexual harassment charges.
1 . One of you has got to go! And Sassafras K-9 only boards DOGS!!!!!!!!!
Hours of Operation
Individual training sessions, Private in-home training, and boarding are made available by appointments.
Monday - Saturday
8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
(703) 869- RICK (7425)
Training and Boarding Facility, LLC Call Today (703) 869-7425
Call Today! (703) 869-7425